Sunday 19 June 2011

how on earth did that happen?

In 12 weeks pregnant...


...I have been dying to say something for the past few weeks but the superstitious side of me stopped me from saying anything ;o)

I had my scan on Friday (I will upload it next week) and the baby was bouncing around (although James said that the baby wasnt really jumping but it was where the scan wand was moving) but littlun must have good eyesight because I couldnt see that he/she was wearing any glasses ;o).

I have been incredibly tired and have been enjoying afternoon naps when I can have them.

James said that he wants the baby to feel special as soon as its born and has come up with the suggestion (that he wants me to tell the midwife no less) that he drapes a winners tape around my knees so when littlun is born that it will feel like its won a race (allbeit a one baby race). I didnt know whether to laugh, cry or just to "sock 'im one" in the kisser! ;o).

Yesterday me & my friends went to Royal Ascot for my friends 40th birthday...

We even saw the Queen and Prince Phillip go by in their carriage (although we could only see it on the video screen because there were so many people in front of us) and they were waving at us - and yes we did wave back ;o).

I only put on 1 bet (that was the free £2 bet we got with our tickets) mainly because I couldnt be bothered to walk to the betting booths, and besides the horses that I would have put my money on didnt even come first second or third!

Coming home was a bit of a nightmare (as leaving these places always are) as we (or rather our minibus driver) had to fight his way out with all of the other people leaving the racecourse, and then we passed Legoland Windsor (just as that was shutting too), I didnt get home until 9.45 and I was ravenously hungry so me and James went to get some Chinese food ;o)

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I didn't read anything after the winner's tape part (James is so creative).

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm over-the-moon happy for you!

My hands are shaking! Wow! Yay for all three of you! You'll be a clan now! :) Oh, Amber :D

chocolat lover said...

thanks Kelly ;o)

Al said...

Congratulations to both of you, although if you don't know how it happened then I'm not going to be one to explain it to you!

Seriously though, it's great news and I'm very happy for both of you.

P.S. I'm liking the winner's tape idea!

Connie T. said...

Congratulations. I am so happy for you. This is wonderful news.

Eileen H said...

I didn't expect to read that news.
Wow, Congratulations to you both xx

The Captain said...

Sorry this is late, I'm only just catching up with my blogs.

Congratulations to you both, I'm chuffed to bits for you guys.

chocolat lover said...

thanks Kirt...