Friday 21 September 2012

it went spectacularly wrong

On Wednesday after going to the cinema to see ParaNorman I took Evie to get weighed at the Doctors Surgery.

I asked the health visitor when I should start increasing Evies food and decreasing her milk, and she said that Evie should only be having two bottles a day now (one on the morning and one at night) and to replace the others with water, she currently has four (one with each feed).

So that evening with her dinner I gave her water instead and I didnt get any screaming for milk (so all was going well) ;o)

Yesterday I gave Evie some milk after her porridge and crumpet and then at lunchtime I gave her her water and she drank some of it (still no screaming) but then two hours later she started to really cry so I though that she must be thirsty so gave her some more water...

...she drank it and then started really really crying so I did her her milk as I could tell that she wasnt going to stop until she got some.

Then at dinner I gave her water again and she was ok and then I gave her her last feed just before we went to bed.

At least I cut out one bottle, I shall ask the health visitor when I see her in a couple of weeks time how I should go about it.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Do you know I can't remember that far back, but I'm sure I gave mine juice not plain water. It's all trial and error anyway, Evie is letting you know what she wants!

chocolat lover said...

i have started to give her dessert too after her dinner in the evening so that she doesnt miss her milk too much.