Thursday 30 May 2013

ole for rice

Evie has been picky about eating sandwiches for the last couple of weeks...

..she will maybe take a bite or two and then will play with it.

I am never too sure if its just because she has had a really good breakfast of porridge.

Yesterday while I was getting James lunch I looked at the small salads and picked up a Spanish rice salad and a Mediterranean couscous one.

I let Evie choose which salad she wanted and she put her hand on the Spanish rice one ;o)

The salad consisted of rice, olives, red peppers, butter beans and a dressing, I picked out the olives guessing that she wouldnt like them and I didnt give her any of the red peppers either.

She liked the rice and must have eaten about half of it and she even ate a couple of the butter beans too.

James was in a funny mood when I met up with him and had a go saying that just because I dont like olives doesnt mean that she wont so I let her try a bit and she pulled it out of her mouth - whether this was because she was getting full up or just didnt like it I dont know.

He also said that I shouldnt not give Evie food that I dont like which is totally unfair because I am always giving her stuff that I dont like - I even made a point last night saying that I dont like lasagne that I gave her for her dinner ;o)  LOL he didnt say a word ;o)

Today she has the couscous one to try ;o)

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

There is so much choice these days it's good that you can try Evie on sorts of different foods.
When my two were small I would cook a family meal and we'd all have the same. I soon found out though that son was a very fussy eater like his Dad and daughter would eat most foods just like I do.
I'd just say let Evie decide :-)

Kelly said...

Oh James ;)

It sounds like you were just pulling out the olives because you thought she might not like them, not because you find them revolting!

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - she is normally pretty good at trying things ;o)

Kelly - exactly, and as it was she didnt like them...