Tuesday 7 January 2014

a busy mummy monday

On Sunday night a double checked the 4 Children website to check when the walk in weigh in clinic was on - I honestly thought it had said 1 to 3 pm but looking now it does say 1-2.30 pm...

Yesterday morning I made sure that I got dressed after having my shower (I usually wait until after I have got Evie dressed).

Evie woke up just after 7.30 am so I got her up, changed her nappy, did our breakfast, we share a bagel and Evie had a bowl of coco pops.

After I cleared up the breakfast bits we went upstairs and I got Evie dressed.

We got downstairs and it was only 9.05, as I had to leave by 9.55 that meant I had 50 whole minutes to spare so I put the tv on for Evie and got the buggy out and because it was raining I had the raincover draped over the buggy and my pac am ac was out too.

At 9.30 i got Evies shoes out and put them on her and then put her coat on got her in the buggy (mid tantrum) as she had decided that she wanted to play with her jigsaw puzzle!

I got my coat and shoes on and off we went.

We got to Tumble Tots nice and early and I got Evie out of the buggy and we watched the end song of the early walking to 2 class (I think Evie was a bit miffed that she couldnt join in).

I was watching the ladies set up the equipment for the 2-3 class and was surprised at how high some of the bits were!  There was one particularly high tressle to climb up with a slide to slide down and then to do a roly poly at the end.

It was time for the class to begin and we all had to sit in a circle and sang songs and then they counted how many children there were (there were 18) and the kids got split up into 4 groups with every group going onto a different couple of bits of equipment.

It worked well although Evie didnt like the fact that she couldnt just run around like a lunatic and picking and choosing what she wanted to go on.

They probably had about 8 minutes at each section.

At the end we all sat in a circle again and the children who had moved up from the walking to 2 class (there were 4 of them including Evie) all got their certificates they even had to walk to the front to get them and all us Mums clapped ;o)

Then the little ones got a sticker each.

Then it was time to come home, Evie was exhausted and fell asleep by the time we got home.

So I had my lunch and Evie eventually woke up at 1.30 pm so I got her out of the buggy and gave her her lunch.

As I thought that the weigh in clinic was until 3pm as we were ready to go out by 2.15 pm, so we rushed into town and got to the library (where the weigh in is held) to be told that they were already over running and they wouldnt have time to see Evie!

I told them that the 4 children website said that the clinic was until 3pm and they agreed to weigh Evie for me.

As Evie is now 2 she can stand on the scales like a big girl and stayed dressed and only had to take her shoes off ;o).

And after we had finished we treated ourselves to a latte and a babyccino ;o)

Just before 8 pm Evie said that she wanted to have a lie down with Daddy, James tried to get her to lie in her cot but she wanted to lie on our bed, so James stayed upstairs with her until we changed her nappy just before 9 pm and gave her some warm milk ;o)

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

That was a busy, busy day!

I used to lie on the bed with my two and would often fall asleep with them. Evie will get used to not going to sleep on her own if you're not careful...just saying :-)

chocolat lover said...

very true...

...she does go to sleep on her own most of the time luckily...