Thursday 30 January 2014

I will need an op

I went to the doctors yesterday to discuss the hernia ultrasound that I had on Friday.

I will need to have an operation and they are (or probably have) referring me for surgery!

Im not too worried about it as I have been through more serious surgery when I was nine years old - it was very surreal knowing that I may not make it through.

I remember telling my Mum after that I was scared and she told me that she was scared too (but neither of us said anything as we didnt want to worry each other).

And then I think of Steve Irwin and the fact that he risked his life with crocodiles but gets killed by a stingray!

On the bright side I asked if it was alright to book a holiday and I was told that it was ok and to tell the consultants when it is booked for, I just now have to wait for James holiday year to start in April before he can book some time off ;o)

4 comments:

The Captain said...

No surgery is pleasant. Hope you get better soon. x

chocolat lover said...

thanks, I have no idea when it will be!

Eileen H said...

I hope you don't have to wait too long.
Martyn has been told he may have to wait six months!!!

chocolat lover said...

poor Martyn having to wait possibly for 6 months!

When I asked the Dr he said he didnt know when they would do be doing it.