Friday 10 January 2014

poorly tummy

On Tuesday lunchtime we met with some friends at a soft play place.

Evie enjoyed herself we went down the big pink slide twice while sitting on my lap ;o)  She even told James when he got home, she said lap big slide ;o)

When we got home I gave Evie her afternoon snack of a chocolate yoghurt cake bar and she was just picking at it and not eating it with the normal gusto, so I ended up finishing it for her (I wasnt going to let chocolate go to waste!) ;o)

When it came to her dinner she woukdnt even touch it so I did yer some pilau rice (which she normally loves) and she took a few mouthfuls and then started to really cry so I got her out of her high chair and she was still really crying (real tears as well), I was cuddling her in the kitchen and she threw up what she had eaten.

So we went upstairs and she was still really crying and saying that her tummy hurt and she had a temperature, so I called NHS direct answered all of their questions and they said to take her to the doctors the next day.

Poor Evie spent the rest of the evening lying on our bed with either me or James sitting there with her, we got her into her cot when she should have gone to bed.

The next day she woke up still saying that her tummy hurt, but she did manage to eat her breakfast and kept it down which was good.

So we went to the doctors and told him everything that happened and he said that she has a mild case of gastroenteritis and that the medication out there is too strong for her so we will have to ride it out.

Luckily she has still been eating which has been good.

Yesterday Evie was supposed to have her first swimming lesson so her poorly tummy put paid to that yesterday.

Yesterday morning one of the friends I met up with said that her little girl has chicken pox, then yesterday afternoon Evie started getting spots, smaller ones on her tummy and bigger ones on her back (but they werent blistering) and just before she went to bed we noticed some appearing on her neck.

Evie is still asleep at the moment, if the spots still dont look like chicken pox then I shall take her to the doctors.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Oh no, poor Evie. I hope she gets over it quickly for you. Sending get well soon wishes to her xx

chocolat lover said...

she is over her bug now... ;o0