Friday 17 January 2014

swimming lesson

Yesterday I took Evie for her very first swimming lesson ;o)

I put both of our swimming costumes on before we even left the house and bought underwear and a clean vest for Evie with me for us to change into after.

We got to the Leisure Centre in plenty of time and waited for a baby change cubicle - we finally got into one and whilst the cubicle was twice the size of a normal one the seat certainly wasnt big enough to lay a baby on it!

So I got us both undressed found a locker put in my one pound deposit took the key, I saw another Mum with her little boy waiting for the class to start and realised that she had a towel with her so I took Evie back to the locker with me to get one of the towels to wrap Evie in after.

A bit later we were beckoned to come into the baby pool (and I saw a Mum and her little girl who go to Tumble Tots ;o)), I hang our towel on a hook and the teacher took the register, there were six of us in the duckling class ;o)

She asked me if I could swim and I said that I cant and she asked me if I wanted some armbands for me (she had already put some on Evie) so I asked her if I would need them? and she said it was just to give me confidence if I was scared of the water, and I said I would let her know if I did need some ;o)

She even put a rubber ring on Evie as well just in case she slipped out of my arms for extra safety ;o)

It was a lot of me supporting Evie and getting her to kick her legs and then there was jumping into the pool and then there was pushing off from the side of the pool and getting them to come back to you.

And then the lady thew balls and toys into the pool for the kids to go after ;o)

Evie seemed to enjoy herself the only problem was that the pool was only 31 degrees so the water was only luke warm :o(

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Awww I bet you enjoyed the lesson too.
I'm sure Evie will soon learn as she seems to have confidence and enjoys herself.

I never learned to swim either, we used to go to the open air swimming pool when I was at school and the water was always freezing. I've tried to learn as an adult and have no confidence whatsoever :-(

chocolat lover said...

it was good fun - just a shame the water wasnt warmer...