Tuesday 8 April 2014

Super IT man to the rescue again

For the past few months my phone has refused to show my new e-mails because of "low storage" when I checked on the phone the biggest thing on my phone was e-mail taking up over 20% of its memory...

...admittedly I did have over 10,000 e-mails in my inbox!

So I have gradually got them down to the ones that I actually need.

Yesterday I had finally got rid of most of them, but still my phone was saying that it had "low storage"

So I had the bright idea of deleting my account and then re-adding it...

...so I tried deleting it "are you sure you want to delete account" "yes" but still it said there was low storage....

...then it said that there was "no storage" and when I looked it had it said that the e-mail was taking up even more space!

so I switched off my phone (as this sometimes works), left it off for a few seconds and switched it on again and it was still saying "no storage" so I then deleted off all of the apps that I had added to free up some space, and it worked it was back to saying "low storage" ;o)

So I tried deleting my account again and again it came up "no storage" when I looked this time the e-mail was now taking up over 25% of its memory!

I then had another bright idea of taking out the battery ti see if it would "make me" put in the settings for the e-mail again to set up the phone...

...so I took out the battery for 1 minute but when I switched the phone back on again it showed the correct time so I knew that I hadnt left it long enough....

...so I took it out again and this time I had left it out for half an hour (well until Evie had woken up from her afternoon nap anyway).  When I put the battery back in the phones time was 00.01 so I went into the "set up wizard" but whilst it asked for my gmail account it didnt ask for my other one!

I then put the pc back on so I could look at the user guide, but Evie started messing about with the "mouse" so I couldnt use it so I logged back off again with the view of having a look this morning.

When James got home from work I asked him if he could have a look at my phone for me as it was going "bonkers" and explained to him what had gone wrong.

And after lots of moaning on his part he fixed it for me ;o) and the e-mail is now less than 1% of the memory ;o)

I then spent last night putting my apps back on and today Im going to try to add the kindle app as my phone previously hadnt had enough storage left ;o)

No comments: