Sunday 22 June 2014

scarves and glasses

On Friday we had Evies eye appointment...

...we got there and the person doing the eye test first of all put eye drops in to dilate her pupils then we had to sit outside in the waiting area for 20 minutes.

We were then called back in and he was shining lights in her eyes and filled out her prescription for lenses.

Her eyes are almost as bad as mine!

We were then called in by the person who will actually fit her for some glasses...

...because of how small Evies face is there were only three pairs that she could chose between, she wanted green ones but has ended up with some purple ones (we have to wait a few days for them to be ready).

Last week we were passing The Works and saw that they had a load of "for dummies" books so I picked up the knitting one ;o)

James said it should be called knitting for Amber ;o)

As James was getting bored yesterday afternoon and Evie didnt want to sleep we decided to pop out to the Chelmer Village Retail Park and we went into Hobbycraft and I bought three balls of wool (mainly because they were 3 for 2 and were only £1 each) and some knitting needles.

I have started to knit an ultra unique scarf (any dropped stitches are supposed to be in there ;o)), I have bought three different colours (brown, lilac and green), LOL I am not going to do stripes like on a traditional scarf, but will just until I have used all of the wool and will then start on the next colour ;o)

the book together with the other balls of wool and my knitting so far
my scarf so far
a close up of my "handywork"
hee hee I may even knit a scarf for Evie (when I have finished my one and she can chose the colour).

When I was a kid and I knitted my teddybear I remember my Mum saying that you can see how good your knitting is if you need to untangle it (my first attempt yesterday untangled just fine Mum so I cant be doing too badly) ;o)

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

I had to wear glasses from a very young age too. Purple is a nice colour for the frames.

I'm impressed with your teddy, not seen it before. I'm sure your scarf will turn out well.

chocolat lover said...

They taught us at school, the girls got to knit and the boys got to make papier mache masks!

Hee hee the scarf already has one hole in it so far ;o)

Unknown said...

I just took up knitting. I'm not very good at it, but I do enjoy it. I like what you are doing.

chocolat lover said...

thanks Katy ;o)

I am not very good at it either...