Friday 14 August 2015

suspicious readings

Yesterday I went for an eyetest, when I went last year they said that they wanted me to come back in 12 months (and because my eyetest was free I did).

So I booked my eyetest for when James could look after Evie, I was hoping that he would take her home but he decided to ride with her up and down the escalators in Primark ;o).

So I took the buggy into the opticians with me and had my eyetest parts done (there are 4 parts)

first was the puffer test (I prewarned the lady doing it was a pain I was last time), amazingly enough I wasnt as bad as last time ;o)

Then came the field of vision test (they did one eye and then the optician wanted to do the vision test so we stopped halfway through!

So I had the vision test and the lady handed the optician the puffer test results.

My eyes have got slightly worse and she said that getting stronger glasses would help (but for the price I paid last time Im not spending out again).

She then looked at the optical nerves in my eyes (Im sure that they didnt do that last time) nd the optician then told me that my puffer test results had suspicious readings and that they want to refer me to the glaucoma clinic!

But as my optical nerves look ok she could just be overreacting!

I think that she could tell that I was getting anxious about it because I was asking her what it would mean etc.

I then completed the field of vision test (by a different person) but this time they did it with the light on so I couldnt see as well (I kept on telling them it).

And then they tried to do a retina photo but I kept on blinking at one point the bloke had the cheek to ask me if I wanted to try and hold my eye open (I respectfully declined) ;o).

The appointment should be through in the next couple of months.

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

I don't blame you not paying out for new glasses after twelve months, they cost a fortune. Best to have a check at the hospital If there are any concerns. Sounds like James and Evie had fun :-)

chocolat lover said...

they did have fun ;o)

The Captain said...

I've worn glasses since I was 12 and for the last few eye tests my eyes keep improving although my focusing isn't what it was (optician says that's my age!). My glasses spend most of the time on the top of my head.

chocolat lover said...

its good that your eyesight is improving, hopefully will be perfect soon ;o)