Sunday 9 August 2015

wrapping up it aint

When James was off and we were having our sneaky peek in the shops one of the shops I looked in was Hobbycraft.

While I was in there I saw that they had a whole range of decopage products, and it gave me the idea that I could bring Evie in during the school holidays so that we could chose an animal each to decorate ;o)

So on Tuesday we went down there...

Evie chose a scotty dog and I chose a bull, I also chose some paper to decorate with too, I couldnt get Evie to chose any and then we bought some waterbased glue ;o).

And to boot because I had joined their loyalty scheme I had a 15% off voucher to use (it was only valid for a month so I wanted to use it sharpish ;o)).

So on Friday we were going to decopage ;o)

As Evie hadnt chosen any paper I dug out some rolls of opened wrapping paper and Evie chose a Christmas one to use ;o)

I think that Evie was hoping that we were going to wrap them up like presents

So after we had our breakfast and had gotten dressed I got out all of our bits ready so that we could get started ;o)

lets start NOW

I had already googled how to decopage so that I knew what to do.

I started off by putting some glue and water into a pot and tore up a load of paper for us to start...

Evie instinctively knew what to do ;o)

glueing some paper onto doggys tail

painting plenty of glue on
she had done enough by now

She got bored after a while and wanted to watch tv so I ended up finishing it off ;o)

Evies doggy doggy

Then I did my one ;o)

and my bull
Evie now keeps on asking what has happened to her "wooden" doggy, and I have been telling her that we glued wrapping paper on him ;o).

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

I love the look of concentration on Evie's face.
That looks like such good fun and the end results are wonderful.
I would have chosen the Scottie dog for sure :-)

chocolat lover said...

she did make a good choice ;o)

they certainly turned out better than I thought that they would ;o)

Eileen H said...

Are you going to varnish them now for keepsakes?
They are excellent :-)

chocolat lover said...

I have been putting sealant on them ;o)