Sunday 22 November 2015

bumps and bargains

On Friday (having dropped Evie off at pre school) I was happily watching IACGMOOH and my mobile starts ringing and I look at the screen and its Evies pre school...

...so I answered the phone and was told that Evie had an accident in the playground and has bumped her head and can I come and get her.

So I got to her pre school and looked through the door (waiting to be let it) and I could see Evie sitting with one of the ladies there and I could see the huge bump on her head.

I was let in and I said to Eve "thats a bump and a half isnt it" I half expected her to start crying when she saw me but she didnt and she was ok in herself and even asked me if I had some crisps for her to have on our way home (I did ;o)).

They told me that Evie was playing with another girl and their legs were entwined and Evie tripped and didnt put her hands out to stop herself from hitting the ground.

I was told that she was having lots of fun before that happened and she was very brave and didnt cry.

Before we left I had to sign the accident form.

a bump on the noggin
As my camera has a black spot on some of my photos (cant find any when I am looking for them typically) I am going to treat myself to a new one as my Christmas present ;o)

I have seen a bridge camera (does it mean that I have to take photos of bridges with it?) in Argos and saw in their Black Friday offers leaflet that the one I wanted had some more money off of it.

So we popped into Argos on our way home from doing the food shopping (we cant go on Sundays anymore as Evie does her tap dancing), I got the camera plus a new camera case and a couple of presents for Evie ;o)

8 comments:

chamonix44 said...

Awww poor little thing! I remember those big bumps on your forehead lots of times when you were little. Glad you treated yourself to a new camera. There is nothing I like more than taking photos! (Apart from eating cheddar cheese, which I can't get where I live!) I have never heard of a Bridge camera. I think you got it right when you asked if it is designed to take photos of bridges hehe! Well there are plenty of bridges in Chelmsford!

chocolat lover said...

I havent tried it yet ;o)

Eileen H said...

Aww that bump does look nasty, Evie is very brave.
I do like that camera, lucky you! I've never heard of bridge cameras either. I like my little point and shoot camera, slips easily into my pocket...that's when I remember it :)

chocolat lover said...

I will have to check to see if it will fit into my handbag ;o)

chamonix44 said...

My camera is small too, Eileen. I always carry it in my handbag. It only comes out to take photos or to transfer the photos from my SD card to the computer. Then it goes back into my handbag. There is a camera on my Samsung phone, too, but I can't get used to using that!

chocolat lover said...

sometimes I use the camera on my phone ;o)

The Captain said...

A bridge camera is the name for cameras that come between standard point and shoot and DSLRs. They 'bridge' the gap. Usually they are bigger than the point and shoots but there are some smaller ones about now.

Rags used to bump her head all the time in nursery, they used to say that they would have to get her an accident book to herself!

chocolat lover said...

when kids are enjoying themselves they are going to get bumps ;o)