Tuesday 10 November 2015

parent tour #4 the church school

So last night I ended up going on the parent tour by myself.

The head teacher seemed nice (although he didnt engage with the only child there apart from bringing him out a box of wooden blocks to play with while he was doing his spiel)..  And we even got a cup of tea into the bargain ;o)

I am going to call the school today to arrange a daytime visit and will take Evie with me so that we can see the kids/school in action so to speak.

As its a church school there is religion stuff - but by the sounds of it the kids arent forced into being blessed and can shake their head to say they dont want to participate.

And the kids get taken to church once a week.

My two brothers and my sister all went to the church school in Ingatestone and (when we moved I was 12 so went to the senior school instead),

There are some nice touches with the school - such as a the buddy system where a reception year kid is teamed with a year 6 kid and the older kid kind of looks after te younger one and is a friend to them in that first year.

And they have chickens ;o)

3 comments:

chamonix44 said...

We never had any problems with the C of E funded infant School, nor the C of E funded junior school in Ingatestone. They were both great schools with just the right amount of religion.

Eileen H said...

My brother-in-laws' two boys went to a RC school and they are not at all religious, not even RC I don't think!

chocolat lover said...

thanks for that - still waiting to hear from the school as to if they are going to be doing anymore parent tours ;o)